C Gamers Community.
This community is moderated with a “common sense” attitude and our forum moderators will always attempt to be consistent and fair. Please treat this discussion forum with the same respect you would a public park. We, too, are a shared community resource — a place to share skills, knowledge and interests through ongoing conversation. Treat each other with respect as well as to respect the site, its content/features, and the wide members of staff and moderators who help run it.
Trolling & Harassment / Bullying.
C Gamers Hub is aimed toward a general audience. Always be civil aka don’t be a jerk. Nothing sabotages a healthy conversation like rudeness:
- Avoid Flame-Bait Topics and attacking a user because of a personal topic preference.
- Be civil. Don’t post anything that a reasonable person would consider offensive, abusive, or hate speech.
- Keep it clean. Don’t post anything obscene or sexually explicit.
- Respect each other. Don’t harass or grief anyone, impersonate people, or expose their private information.
- Respect our forum. Don’t post spam or otherwise vandalize the forum.
Harrasment / Bullying Includes but not limited to;
- Hateful messages
- Personal attacks against other members
- Ad hominem attacks.
- Knee-jerk contradiction.
Be Agreeable, Even When You Disagree.
The topics discussed here matter to us, and we want you to act as if they matter to you, too. Be respectful of the topics and the people discussing them, even if you disagree with some of what is being said.You may wish to respond to something by disagreeing with it. That’s fine. But, remember to criticize ideas, not people.
General Community Language.
All publicly displayed messages are limited to English. This includes topics, contents, and other forms of public display unless otherwise stated by a staff member or posted in the international section, which includes guilds/group conversations.
Inappropriate content posting includes but not limited to;
- All avatars, signatures, banners, and backgrounds will be moderated. Attempting to display rule-breaking content will result in a warning and/or removal of media uploads, avatar, background, or posting privileges by the staff and moderators anytime.
- Explicitly sexual or profane descriptions and writing is also never allowed.
- Account names with profanity are prohibited.
- Forum threads with profanity are prohibited.
- Discriminatory language, drug talk, nudity, pornography, and so forth is not allowed.
Illegal Activities and Piracy.
Including but not limited to conversations that promote or endorse the use of illicit substances, circumvention of copy protection (except by the copyright holder), downloading/ripping/copying of ROMs or console system BIOS, or piracy of any kind. Providing a download for any file or service which is designed to harm or disrupt a computer, network, or any other electronic entity will result in an instant ban from the site.
Harmful content includes, but is not limited to files that contain viruses, spyware, adware, or other harmful code; images with animations that contain rapidly changing images or regular patterns or images that may trigger seizures.
Spam & Advertising.
We do not tolerate spam. Do not post small or useless posts that are not relevant to the topic being discussed, especially making comments which have no discussion value (such as “first” or “bump"). Unless relevant to the topic, posts containing only an image, video, or link will not be tolerated. Excessive low quality posts will result in the deletion of the posts.
Advertising is allowed with limitations. You are only allowed to advertise on advertising threads and certain topics you this forum allows. If you wish to seek advertising promotions, please email email@example.com. Excessive advertising is strictly prohibited and will result an automatic ban. Advertising includes, but not limited to, includes posting in private messages, instant chat, creating alternate accounts, comments, and forum topics, etc.
Moderators have special authority; they are responsible for this forum. But so are you. With your help, moderators can be community facilitators, not just janitors or police.
When you see or experience bad behavior, don’t reply. It encourages the bad behavior by acknowledging it, consumes your energy, and wastes everyone’s time. Just flag it. If enough flags accrue, action will be taken, either automatically or by moderator intervention.
In order to maintain our community, moderators reserve the right to remove any content and any user account for any reason at any time. Moderators do not preview new posts in any way; the moderators and site operators take no responsibility for any content posted by the community.
Make the effort to put things in the right place, so that we can spend more time discussing and less cleaning up. It is advisable to do the following:
- Don’t start a topic in the wrong category.
- Don’t cross-post the same thing in multiple topics.
- Don’t post no-content replies.
- Don’t divert a topic by changing it midstream.
- Don’t sign your posts — every post has your profile information attached to it.
Rather than posting “+1” or “Agreed”, use the Like button. Rather than taking an existing topic in a radically different direction, use Reply as a Linked Topic.
Yes, legalese is boring, but we must protect ourselves – and by extension, you and your data – against unfriendly folks. We have a Terms of Service describing your (and our) behavior and rights related to content, privacy, and laws. To use this service, you must agree to abide by our TOS.